CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New news!

Chris has a job! I haven't posted in a while to tell everyone so I thought I should do that now while Dallin is napping. We are really happy about this job and it feels like it is what the Lord wants us to do for our family right now, even though it is a bit longer of a commute than we originally hoped for. But, such is life!

-Our little family at a picnic with Katie, Roger, Natalie and Anthony

Last Monday we got a call from a recruiter that Chris has been working with for a while and he asked if Chris could do a phone interview in 2 hours and Chris said yes. The phone interview went really well. Chris answered all of the questions in such a way that the interviewer told him that he wanted Chris to come in for an in-person interview that week. The recruiter told him that Chris is the first person that they have found that they truly liked.

So on Wednesday Chris went in for an in-person interview with Under Armour. They really liked him and they told him that they would be contacting him shortly about the job. So on Thursday morning, they called and they offered him the job at $10,000 more than we originally asked for! We were so happy about it. It sounds like a great job that will be beneficial for our family and seems like Chris will really get some job satisfaction this time around. It is so important to have a happy husband so I really wanted him to have a job that he liked and was happy at. He has had a few other interviews since we accepted the job but none of them have felt right or better than this one and it is something that we have prayed about for a while!

So now we are going to start looking for a house. We have found one that will be closer than that Taneytown house that we liked, which will cut the commute in half almost. We are going out there with a realtor today to look at it. It is a 3 bedroom house but square footage wise is larger than the other house we were looking at so we are going to look at it with the idea in mind that we will be adding another room or two into the family room. We are really happy about this though and are looking forward to moving on and maybe moving out soon! As wonderful as Peggy as, I want my own house with all of my things that I miss. The one item that Chris makes fun of me for always commenting on is my masher. I know it is silly but when I make chili or mashed potatoes or I just want something mushed up, I would use my masher, and Peggy doesn't have one so I feel the lack. haha. I know it is so silly, but it just makes me feel like it isn't my house so I look forward to getting a house so that I can have my masher back! haha.

Dallin is almost 11 months now. He is getting so big. He is crawling everywhere now. He can go upstairs and he has learned that if he wants to get off of my bed, he needs to go feet first. For a while he had a hard time getting down from stuff that he was leaning against but he is so good at it now that it is automatic or just gives him pause for a few seconds. He has also finally learned how to sit as of 3 days ago! I know that sounds silly but the silly munchkin wouldn't sit, he would just lean and so ne could never go from crawling to sitting until 3 days ago! It was exciting because now he likes to sit and read books by himself. He is quite the reader! When my dad gave him a name and a blessing he said that Dallin would have a love of reading and that has definitely already manifested itself. It is amazing to see how the Lord blesses our little people! Anyway, he is great but he is going to have a shock next week, just like me, when Daddy is no longer around during the days. I haven't had Dallin all by myself in about 5 and a half months! Soooo that should be exciting.

I finally got Chris to take the pictures off of the camera and on the network so I could upload them so here are a bunch of recent pictures! By the way, I am now 23 weeks along and looking quite large (I think). Still don't have a midwife or insurance, and Chris's work insurance doesn't start until August 1st so we are trying to make alternate arrangements. But life is great and we are happy here!



My two guys, both being happy and cute. We are so blessed to have a happy baby. I think it will make it so much easier to have this baby and Dallin so close in age. Only one school year apart!



My big belly. I feel huge some days, that was one of them.



I made this dress for Jillian, our niece and I wanted to see how it fit and Dallin is still small and she is bigger than Dallin at that age so I thought it was a good way to see what she could be looking like at the end of the summer, when she might fit the dress really well! It still looks good on her now, just really long on her but I like this picture of Dallin in it! haha.



A recent picture of the three of us when we went outside to the park. It was cold out and misting that day but we enjoyed our time out there! And it was nice to get a family picture.



Here is acute picture of Dallin and Chris. I got the walker thingy at a consignment sale a week or so ago and Dallin loves it. It doesn't work so well inside the house but when we go outside he has a ball with it, walking all on his own except that he veers towards one side or the other after a while so we have to correct his course. But he is very cute in his happiness.



Dallin absolutely loves the swings. He sits in it and laughs so much and always looks so happy in the swing, if you couldn't tell.



My baby boy getting ready for bed or a bath or something. He just looks very cute in his cloth diapers. They make him look 5 pounds heavier.



We love to make home made ice cream and I made some this night and Dallin wanted to share but he had to give me a kiss. Isn't he cute?

No comments: