CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter!

Chris and I are trying to establish good practices before we have children who understand them so that they are a part of their lives. One of the things we want to do with our children is dye eggs. Also, easter is Chris' favorite holiday (I think). So we like to dye eggs and have fun together while doing this. This first picture is of our wonderful dozen eggs cooking!



Next, Chris was doing the dinner dishes and I got all of the stuff together. Last year for Easter we had bought a egg dyeing kit and I had kept the pellets and stickers and the egg dryers so we found that and I got the water ready to dye the eggs!



I was camera happy so I took a lot of pictures of Chris while we were doing this whole thing. We had crayons out so we could draw on the eggs and we had the dye and spoons. I like to write things on the eggs so that is what I did for all of my eggs and Chris was lazy on a lot of his and just put them into the water. Unfortunately the dye was not very strong or else they were pastel colors and so a lot of the eggs were left in the water for a long time but never got very dark.



Chris took a picture of me to show that I was there to dye eggs as well. We had a dozen eggs so he got to do 6 and I got to do 6. I also wanted to show everyone my huge belly! It looks bigger in pictures than it usually does, to me at least. One more month and I lose a lot of belly size!



There were our finished eggs. As you can see, the pink eggs were neon colors and for the most part the others were pastels. I think we had one dye pellet that was tye dyed or not mixed because the two eggs that were put in that one turned out with multiple colors. I think those were the neatest colors.


So, now we have the tradition of dyeing eggs before the Easter bunny comes! We went to church and when we got home, Chris went upstairs to change and the Easter Bunny came and hid the eggs while he was doing that. We taped him finding the eggs on our video camera but I don't know how to upload videos. Plus, it probably isn't all that exciting to watch so our kids and Chris and I will probably be the only people to ever actually watch all of our videos. All in all, it was a good Easter day. Church was wonderful with our lessons and teaching the Sunbeams about the resurrection. During sharing time they had the same lesson and even saw some of the same pictures and every time the primary president asked a question and showed a picture our sunbeams would turn back to us and say Teacher! We did that in class! It was nice to know that they do pay attention, especially to important things like that lesson. We didn't have a big Easter dinner but that was okay. I need to watch my girlish figure. Also, Chris and I found it hard to find the motivation to make the big dinner when it was just the two of us. Maybe next year!




3 comments:

Amy Allred said...

I cannot believe how close you are! He will be here before you know it and you will be making these memories with him. Hang in there and keep us updated!

Jennifer Bundy said...

Okay, so I finally got on to my blog and thought I should check out some other peoples. You are the first one that I chose to come and check. Then of course I have to read all the posts that I have missed, so now I am caught up. I feel like such a lousy sister that I haven't called you much at all lately. But you are in my thoughts! Hope all is well. Glad you guys were able to dye eggs. We went over to Robert and Bethany's and joined them for coloring eggs on Friday night. Then Saturday we went up to mom and dads with Carolyn and Curtis' family and hunted for them there. Then on Sunday, would you know the Easter Bunny showed up at our house and we got to hunt again and get the Easter candy. So fun! If I had remembered to take pictures I would post them! LOL

The Alaska DeKays said...

I am so glad you dyed eggs. You two are so cute. You will be such a fun mommy.