CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Moving to Maryland

So I guess I hadn't made it quite clear in the past but Chris, Dallin and I are moving to Maryland next month. We set the date about 2 weeks ago for February 20th and gave our 30 days notice with our land lord. So it is almost here!

Chris and I decided that to make life more pleasant for all involved that I would fly to Maryland with Dallin, rather than trying to keep him confined to a car seat all day long. It will be ever so much easier that way since it won't totally throw him off of a schedule. So, I will be flying out of Denver for the last time on February 19th. Chris's mom was nice enough to offer to fly out and drive back to Maryland with him so that he wouldn't be alone. I really didn't want him driving alone but he kept telling me he would be fine and then he talked to his mom and she weaseled him into letting her come out to drive with him. So she and I will meet in the BWI airport and switch parking info and I will drive to her house and stay there for the next two days and she will fly into Denver, get the car and drive back to Colorado Springs and the next day, Saturday, February 20th, she and Chris will drive out early in the morning.

I have so much to do before we leave and I don't even know where to start. There are sooo many things to pack but you never want to pack those things you might be using before you leave. I think that is the hardest part about moving. Where to start... We have lots and lots of stuff that I want to sell on Craigs list before we leave so I have to get that all situated so I can take pictures (I like it when people post pictures) and post them all. I have to return all of Dallins borrowed toys from Ben and then we have to get the U-haul and pack it up. Hopefully people from church will be willing to come help us out!

As for other things we have to do, Chris still needs to find a job. We feel safer moving to Maryland and living with Peggy than we do staying here. If we do that we won't have nearly as many expenses, especially the big one of rent and so we are moving even if Chris doesn't have a job by the time we ship out. He is starting to look and apply for jobs (finally!) and so hopefully that will all go well and we will have good news soon about a job or at least interviews for him!

Me and my pregnancy are going okay. I have been feeling much sicker than I ever did with Dallin. I throw up more and I am exhausted and I don't have energy and the house reeks to me but it all makes me sick to touch (specifically the kitchen) so I don't clean it much. Some great news is that we finally received our medicaid cards so I can finally go to the doctors! I am going to call the medicaid people tomorrow and ask where I can go and then call and make an appt. Dallin's doctor said that he didn't mind accepting medicaid for him but my obgyn won't accept me, even though I just need the one appointment, in hopes of FINALLY determining my due date! We figure I am about 3 months pregnant and so the baby will be due end of July, beginning of August. I am still having a hard time finding a doctor in Maryland, mostly because I am looking for a midwife that is relatively close.

We are hoping to buy a house as soon as we possibly can when we get to Maryland and get a job. Mostly we are hoping to be in our house by the time summer hits, otherwise Peggy will freeze me with her air conditioning! haha. No, we just want a place of our own that is actually our own, not rented. We found a great house online that we are hoping is as wonderful in person as it is online. The link is here for the house we really like. We are hoping that it will still be available. Since the time we found it 4 weeks ago and Sunday, it has gone down in price by $20,000. Seems too good to be true!

Anyway, that is our lives. A lot is happening but we are still really happy and are enjoying life as it happens. Dallin is getting so big and is just a few weeks from finally crawling, Chris is still doing contractor work and I get to do whatever my little heart desires.

4 comments:

Chadster and Brittster said...

Gorgeous house, wow!

Jennifer Bundy said...

Hope all the packing and planning goes well- even though you don't feel the best. I can really sympathize! I hope it goes away soon for you!

Alexandria Rammell said...

that is a really nice house! I hope you get it! good luck moving!!!

The Hatch Family said...

Good luck! I got really sick with both kids so I can relate! If you need a few suggestions, I can give them! When you come, we should get together for a visit sometime!