CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Birthday Party!

As I said previously in a post, May 17th was Dallin's birthday but he also shares his birthday with Peggy, my mother in law and then Chris's birthday is on June 1st. Since I left for Alaska 2 days after his birthday and wanted to have the party at our house but hadn't settled in time, we just had the birthday party last weekend and it was lots of fun but instead of just Dallin's party it was for him, Peggy and Chris!

We wanted to have the party at our awesome new house that I still don't have pictures of the outside of. We really like our house and can't wait to move in but we decided to tough it out for one evening with everyone there. Chris helped out a lot that day since I was cooking and so he decorated and he put balloons out and Dallin loves playing with them!


It is an easy house to ignore rambunctious kids in because I just told them if they were going to be loud they had to go downstairs so we grown ups could talk... I remember those days when I was the kid who had to go downstairs... but not anymore! We also bought a pool that I think will be really nice for me and Dallin to play in once we finally get into the house. Dallin LOVES bath time and so what could be better than a pool where he gets to play but has enough room for mommy to comfortably sit in as well! We also had dinner and cake and ice cream and presents. It was the first time I had seen anyone since some time before I went to Alaska so it was nice to talk to everyone and see what was going on in their lives.

We started the evening with sending the kids downstairs, as I mentioned already and then us grown ups sat down and ate dinner on our awesome new dinner table! One day Peggy and I were driving home from the house and saw a sign in front of a house just down the street from my house and it said free and it had a "nice" table and 3 chairs so I called Chris and he went and got it. It is a great sized table because it fits 8 chairs around it with hardly any squishing so that is really nice for when we have people over! We also got a high chair at the free sign too so that is what Dallin sat in while we ate dinner. He isn't quite old enough yet to be told to go downstairs, even though he can go up and down the stairs without any worry. So, for dinner we had shrimp scampi, which turned out funky (or so I thought, and was the only one who thought that) due to the flavored shrimp. Next time I will get the frozen shrimp from Sams. And we had a salad and some yummy zucchini/squash/onion fry that was really tasty. Once we finished eating we got the kids back up to eat and then we went out to the pool!



We have a well and so the water that comes out is like 54 degrees and is quite chilly, especially on a cloudy evening with no sun so the kids were all cold but we wanted to let Dallin play too. So Chris would stick his feet in and let him kick and then pick him up and Dallin loved it, even though he didn't like being in the water all the way since it was quite chilly. But he looked cute! He didn't have a swim suit so he got to go naked and Chris edited the picture for us!

After the pool we opened presents. We had given our presents to Dallin a few weeks ago since he would enjoy playing with them around the house and he does! He likes to push his trucks around, he stacks the rings on the pole with no problem and with a little bit of guidance he can put the shapes in the right holes. He knows that they go in but he doesn't realize yet that they have to go in a certain way. But He got an awesome train, a whale that goes along with Dr. Seuss's circus book and a cute outfit... I think I am forgetting something but I can't remember. Chris got presents, mostly cards since he isn't much of a toy person anymore and Peggy got some things as well, like flowers!



After we finished opening presents we went back upstairs and had cake and ice cream! Dallin has quite the sweet tooth and enjoyed the cake a lot. He liked the ice cream but only if I fed it to him since it was cold to the touch.



He ate a huge chunk of cake and made such a mess. But I am glad he liked it so much! It was healthy because it had half the fat it usually would and also had carrots in it! I love carrot cake and didn't know if Chris's family did but since it is something that my family does, to have carrot cake, I decided that my little family was going to as well!



And here is a cute picture of the three of us (four if you count my big belly). We had a great time and were really happy that we could have family around for a little party, even if Dallin won't remember it. I can't wait until next year when he understands a bit better that May 17th is all about him!

1 comment:

Kate said...

We had a lot of fun at Dallin's 1st birthday:) The cozy coupe is the one your forgot to list, lol, and the biggest!