CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Its about time

For the first time since June, Chris and I were able to go out on a long 5 hour date... I helped Peggy two weeks ago and she said she owed us one and so I said she could watch Dallin sometime for a night and we would be even. So Peggy said that she would take him last night. We really liked that idea because we don't get Dallin-free nights and more importantly, Dallin-free mornings very often!
We wound up asking Peggy to take Tristan for a few hours too. Due to the fact that my milk is drying up again and he is becoming a mostly bottle fed baby, we could be away from him for a few hours. I will admit, I felt guilty leaving him behind because I haven't ever left Tristan with someone other than my mom or Chris and I NEVER would have left Dallin alone for so long at 2 months. Mostly because I would have needed to nurse him but still, I was very attached. The second child doesn't get nearly as much attention as the first I guess.

Anyway, it has been some time since Chris and I have been able to go to the temple and I decided that was what I wanted to do with our date time. It was a wonderful experience. We went and did initiatorys for the first time since we went for ourselves and it was a wonderful experience to hear those blessings that we receive at the temple. I really enjoyed it. I believe next time we will do sealings and that way we can have done everything at least once and then I think we are going to start going through for family.

It was a wonderful time, being child free and going to the temple, doing a service to others. I hope that we will be able to go to the temple regularly now that I am not stuck so closely to Tristan with nursing. I will miss nursing and the closeness that I feel to Tristan when I nurse but I will enjoy the opportunity to start going to the temple already!

2 comments:

Jennifer Bundy said...

good for you! i am glad you got some you two together time!

Becca said...

i'm glad you got to go! last week we had dinner over at our nearest lds neighbor's house and they offered to babysit if we wanted to go to the temple. they're a very busy older couple so i was surprised at the offer but am definitely planning on taking them up on it.