CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 23, 2011

A fruitful shopping adventure

So tonight I went to do some last minute shopping for Easter dinner tomorrow night. Also we needed some more eggs for dying purposes. I went out right after I put Tristan down for the night. I decided that I wanted to maybe buy Easter presents as well. Easter presents weren't really a thing in my house growing up, more Chris's but not much still. I decided though since they won't really be getting candy tomorrow that we should have something fun for them to get in their Easter basket. So my first stop was one of my favorite stores.



I stared by looking at clothes for the boys. I thought it would be fun for them to get new Sunday clothes but that didn't work out. There was a not-surprising lack of little boy suits. So then I looked at shirts for me since I feel like I could use some bright colors to wear this summer. After that I walked into the back at the toy section and immediately saw something I must have! An awesome bowling set for only $3! I thought that would be perfect because I have been wanting to get things for Dallin to play with outside and I thought he would really enjoy that! Tristan will someday too. I kept looking around and found something even more awesome than a bowling set! A little tent for Dallin! I decided that we would hold off on giving that to him until his birthday but it has a tent in great condition, a matching sleeping bag, rain fly and a bag that fits the sleeping bag and tent in it on wheels so he can drag it around the house! Chris can't wait to give it to him for his birthday. The best part? It was only $5! Then I went to look at baskets and found an old-time picnic basket for $15! Its very cute and roomy and will be perfect for those lunches we leave the house for! I can't wait! I left Goodwill feeling very happy and left for my favorite grocery store... ever.



I really do love Martins. It is a newer store so it is very clean and pretty. It has a huge selection of "International Foods" compared to other stores I have been to. Martins also has some of the freshest produce I have come across over here in Maryland. I have been to Giant, Shoppers, Super Fresh and there was another one and all the produce has been small and over ripe but Martins is always fresh. I also love Martins because they are so friendly there. I was waiting for the girl to finish scanning and she just kept talking to me and so did the bagger. The thing is that it happens every time for me! Who ever is checking me out is always so friendly! And I have been out in the parking lot many times putting my groceries in the car and then the cart collecter comes and takes my cart away for me! For selection and friendliness they can't be beat! I was so happy from my Goodwill finds and then having everyone be so friendly at Martins that it made going out and shopping while I am sick a pleasant event!

No comments: