CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 3, 2011

Bulk Trash

A few weeks back my friend Cammie called me up and told me about bulk trash night in her neighborhood. Now, I have never been to a bulk trash night in Maryland, or the U.S. in general but I remember in Germany that Schpermuling (sp?) happened once or twice a year, can't remember, and my family would load up and go driving around the German neighborhoods looking for treasures in the trash. So when Cammie told me about bulk trash I was excited! I talk Chris about it and left the kids with him for the night and I went out cruising the streets for my treasures!

On this side of the car you can see the hose I got, the ironing board, a beach chair, a guard rail for a bed and an umbrella stroller that I can keep in the car.

To this side I got some plastic chairs, the next step up in car seats for Dallin (he has a long way to go), the lid to an storage ottomon, a nifty little 3-legged "table" thing for Tristan that has buttons on it and makes noise, a wagon, and a basket ball hoop.

In the trunk was a filing cabinet, another beach chair, a second base for the infant car seat (can always use two of them!) and a little fire truck toy for Dallin outside.

All in all I feel like I totally made out like a bandit. One mans trash is another man's treasure and I definitely felt like I found and saw so much treasure! I am hoping to go to another bulk trash night soon but we will see if I do. I love getting free stuff!

1 comment:

Cheris said...

AMAZING!!!! This is WAY better than raiding the DI trucks. Good deal!! I'm impressed.