CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Stairs

In our house we have the stairs to the basement but they are closed off by a door into the kitchen. I hate having that door there but it has been a big help keeping Warren from falling down the stairs since he started crawling. We have been working with Warren for the last 3 months though to get him to do the stairs. At first we were just teaching him to go up the stairs which he seemeed to have a hard time with. He just never wanted to raise his knee up high enough to actually make it up. And he didn't know what to do with his hands. The second month and the third month have been teaching him to go down backwards and the third month has also been trying to get him to start going down the steps feet first. I don't remember when Tristan started doing steps but I feel like he didn't have as hard a time as Warren is and Dallin did steps great early on. But Warren has just been fighting us on the initial approach to going down the stairs. He always goes at them head first and puts his hand on the step and realizes that it is far down so he pulls his hand back up and screams for us to take him down. I have been working and working, trying to get him to understand that he needs to go feet first. Two weeks ago we made progress! If I turned him around he didn't start screaming at me and he was okay with me putting his foot on the stair and then he could go down them without too much problem. But then we had the issue of getting him to turn around. Yesterday though was a break through! He wanted to go with Chris down the stairs and so he crawled up to them and overshot his mark and got on his tummy and shimmied backwards. He ran into the wall so Chris had to help place his feet but it was pretty exciting to have him do that. And then today I was coming down and he followed me and he knew immediately what to do! He got into position and put his foot down and went down all the stairs in such a short time. It was wonderful! Soon I won't worry about him on the stairs at all and he will be able to do it all on his own. I can't wait! My baby is growing up. The crazy thing is that when Dallin was Warrens age I was expecting Tristan in 3 months and when Tristan was Warrens age I was expecting Warren in 7 months. And now Warren is a year in two weeks and I have no baby expected... At this time.

No comments: