CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Slacklining

A few weeks ago Chris and I went out with our friends, the Rammels (Tyler and Alex) and went slacklining. This is just like tight rope walking but the rope isn't nearly as taut as one at the circus would be! nor as high. Its a fun thing to do on nice days just to get out and feel like you are being active! I found out about it from my friend Katie up in Alaska a few years ago and then I bought the equipment and brought it down here. Chris got a really big kick out of it so it is something we always like to do it together.

This is Alex walking on the line. She was a little nervous so she never let go of Tyler for more than a second but I remember what it was like on my first day too!

This was my last time on the line and Chris took a picture for me.
Chris and I were sitting on the line and Alex took a picture for us. We don't have enough pictures together because either a) we don't have the camera or b) we are alone so it is too hard to find someone to take the picture for us.

Out of everyone I was the best. Maybe it is because I have god-like balance or maybe I just have been doing it longer so I am better. It is actually really hard when you first start because your leg shakes so much when you try to balance and then for some reason it gets better. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and maybe when I come home in the summer (hopefully) I will bring it and we can have the little kids try to do it!

2 comments:

Jennifer Bundy said...

I completely understand about the picture thing! Tyson and I have only a few pictures of us too. Although if I remembered more often, he would probably be more than willing to figure out the time delay and use it, I just don't think about it that often!

We are looking forward to you guys coming up here, and I bet Keith would love trying to slackline. He would be nervous at first, but would then like it. Rachel would probalby do it because Keith did!

The Alaska DeKays said...

That looks awesome--forget the kids--I want to try it! When are you guys going to be in Alaska? What a cute top you are wearing.:)