CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

So far in Alaska...

Well, here we are in Alaska!  It has been rainy and wonderful since we got here. I don't know what it is about Alaska that makes me able to withstand the cold, but I love it! It might have something to do with the extra clothes I always wear. I even brought my awesome slippers that Chris got me for Christmas so I never get too cold.

I don't have any pictures yet but I will get them off of my moms camera sometime this week and show everyone the cabin! We went out there Thursday -Saturday and worked on cutting down a few trees and also debarking them. I actually sat around more than anythinig and read Twilight for like the fourth time. I do love that book. I don't have the second one but my sister does and so does my sister in law so I should be able to borrow that and maybe on August first go to one of those midnight "parties" that are happening all over the world for the releasing of the book. I really look forward to reading it!

As for what else I am planning on doing while I am here, I don't know. I think tomorrow if Chris is feeling better we will go hiking and I would like to go camping again but we will see. Sometimes it isn't that much fun camping when it is all rainy out, which unfortunately it is raining plenty here! I still really like the rain though! I would also like to go shopping at Value Village and get some new clothes! I love that place...

Anyway, life is good and Chris and I are having fun while up in Alaska. I hope you all are doing well too! 

3 comments:

Becca said...

believe it or not but your other sister (me) has all three books too. so when i drop by idaho on the way north in october you could read them all again - if you read fast! i can't wait for the next one that comes out tomorrow! ...but i have to work early tomorrow so i'll have to wait until after work to get it. and then i'll be a recluse for the next day with my nose buried in the book. hah!

The Alaska DeKays said...

We loved having you here, Sarah..and we already miss you!

Chadster and Brittster said...

I forgot to wish you a happy birthday, the 4th right? So happy birthday!!!