CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My day today

So, I woke up today and started researching for my paper that is due next Wednesday. I learned today that males are just degenerated females due to the degeneration of the Y chromosome which used to be an X chromosome. I am sure that is interesting to all. I did this until I got too sleepy and bored and then I slept and then went to my swimming class.

Today in swimming we had a swim meet. I remember swim meets from the old days in home school swiming. I hated doing them but I always did. I hate swim meets because I hate being seen in my swim suit. I do not have the best body in all the world and so I try to hide it behind clothes but in a swim suit everyone can see everything! For the meet we had to swim at least two different events to get credit for the day. It was crazy... I first did a 25 yd. breast stroke and our team got killed by team 1 (there were only 2 teams because the meet was only for my class) and then I did a 50 yd. free style where I came in 2nd or 3rd, I don't know which but I was happy with myself because there were 6 girls swimming that heat. I was totally up for not swimming anymore because I had my mandatory 2 events and I hate swimming with everyone watching so I was totally all for no more! Unfortunately we didn't have any girls who wanted to do the 50 back stroke and so I offered because I had only done 2 events. So we go and we swim it and as I am finishing I hear everyone yelling at me and so I figured that I was close to first and so I keep swimming hard but oh my gosh it hurt so bad! I was so tired! I finished and I got out of the pool and everyone on my team was all like "good job! You got first!" I was so impressed because I am not much for speed... but I beat the fast girl who was winning every single event! It was pretty good. Then I started to hurt. It was a like a never ending burning painful charlie-horse sensation in my thighs. It hurt so bad! I was done for good then because my legs hurt way to much to do anything else so I just sat there in pain, knowing that I beat the best swimmer in the class. Then I went home and slept for a while because I was tired.

Tonight we went with our friend Gary to the art gallery where Chris finished his FA100. To do this he had to look at the bachelors of fine arts projects. It wasn't all that exciting but then after that we went up to the gardens and they are really pretty this time of year. I also learned that they have the softest grass up there in the gardens, soft being relative for Idaho. Usually the grass here is really spiky and painful. Anyway. we walked around up there with Gary and looked at everything and it was really nice. Then we went to Pizza Hut.

At Pizza Hut we get there and they are understaffed and so everything takes a long time and finally our server comes and gets our order and Gary and I go and get the salad bar. I am excited, see, because I love salad. I pile it on to the little plate I have and try to pile more and more and more on there. When I have no more room for anything I go back and sit down and start eating my salad and mmmm-mmmm is it wonderful! Then, I am about to take a big bite of lettuce and I touch it to the dressing over a cucumber first and as I pull it away there is a big nasty dead cricket on my cucumber! Needless to say, I freaked out. I started to feel really queezy and pushed my plate away. Gary takes it up and tells the lady at the register that he didn't pay to have the bug included and the lady was like oh... sorry... We'll give you a discount. I felt so sick for a while. Then I drew on my napkin the dead bug in my salad and left it for who ever cleaned off the table.... The pizza was good but I don't think I will be eating there any time ever again....

We then went to Brass in Blue, the army air force band that came to BYUI. It was fun and good times. All in all the day was good but the pain from swimming and the bug kind of tainted it but I guess you never get the good without a little bit of bad!

4 comments:

Chadster and Brittster said...

Congrats on swimming, I always knew you were that good, I am so happy for you I wish I could have been there cheering you on!!!

Jennifer Bundy said...

Now see, that wasn't that hard to make an entry on your blog, was it? And it was fun reading about your day. I'm sorry that Pizza Hut has now ruined your appetite for their food- not the best promotion for their store, huh? I saw a picture once (it was probably doctored) but it was an unopened bag of lettuce with a frog in it. Not the bag I would want to buy! And congrats on the swimming! Sounds like you did great- even if you couldn't walk afterwards!

Becca said...

awesome on the swimming! i'm really impressed! i've decided that i'm going to swim across part of the lake down here, a little over a mile, and i really think i can do it. good thing is that i'm not timing it. breast stroke then when i get tired i'll flip on my back. it'll be great and then i can stand on the pedistal with you (even though i'll only be racing against myself)! :)

Chadster and Brittster said...

Its me again, August 2nd sounds great! Other than the fact that the next Twilight book comes out that day! J/K. I love you more than Edward (and that's saying alot). There is a place called Boondocks that has mini-golf, arcade, go-karts, etc. that is not far from the airport that I could take you to, or we could go out to eat somewhere if you don't want airport food. Let me know what you want to do and what time you are coming in, I will at least come and say hi!