CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

My cute little baby!

Here is an update on Dallin! He is the cutest baby there ever was. I think I am a little biased though... Life has been very different since he arrived but not so different at the same time. As most of you know, I wasn't working really, only two days a week, so I was already spending lots of time at home. Now I have a constant companion to spend time with! Unfortunately he doesn't talk much except for squeaks, burps and cries. But I still love him!



Dallin was a very happy baby at this point and he kept "smiling" at me. I know he didn't realize he was smiling but he was and so I kept taking pictures in hopes that I would get one of him finally smiling but I never quite got it. Oh well! There are years ahead of me that I will be able to get smiling pictures of my baby boy.


Dallin had just finished eating and he and I were snuggled on the chair and he was so cute. He kept making squeaking noises. I love to hold him close and listen to him and feel him move. It is so neat to finally have him out of my belly! He was a bit easier to take care of when he was in my belly though... no frequent diaper changes! He likes to dirty his diaper about 10 minutes after I change him which can be sometimes a little frustrating.


This was the first day we started doing tummy time and he liked it to a point... He enjoyed it and then after he started crying for a little while I stuck his plug in and got this very cute picture of him. All of the other ones he was crying in. Chris has gotten Dallin to roll over from his belly to his back twice already and he has great control over his head. His eyes still don't seem to be all that focused but he gets better and more advanced with every day!



When Chris leaves for work in the morning he brings Dallin to bed with me so I can continue sleeping. He sleeps a lot better in bed with me, even if we are on opposite sides of the bed. This was taken one morning when I got up in time to take a shower before Chris left so he could take care of Dallin if he started fussing. Chris went and got the camera and took his picture and he looks so peaceful.


This is our second family picture and it turned out quite a bit nicer than our first one. Dallin was cold and sleepy while we were at the park with our neighbors and so this was him trying to fall asleep. He didn't like it when I would hold him because he would try to eat. Apparently I smell like food to him... haha. It was warm in the sun but kinda windy and I couldn't keep his hands in the blanket so he was pretty miserable by the time we started for home. It was very nice to go out though and it was good for him to get out as well.

All in all, life has been good for us. I am kinda tired most of the time since Dallin is on a 4 hour schedule. He sleeps from 9:30 p.m. to 12, when I wake him up or he wakes up about 10 minutes before 12 and then at about 3:45 a.m. he wakes up again and I go and get him at about 5 till 4 a.m. and then back to sleep again and then he wakes up around 6 a.m. or so. After 4 though, he is Chris' responsibility and so I can keep sleeping. Unfortunately I keep the baby monitor on so I can hear Dallin frequently in the mornings, which is why Chris just brings him to me and sticks him in bed with me. I get the best sleep that way!

Our days are on the 4 hour schedule as well, with him eating and then me waking him up and trying to keep him up for at least an hour, letting him sleep for two and then waking him up for another feeding. Its a good thing babies love routine... it has made Dallin be the best baby in all the world and we love him lots!

1 comment:

Carolyn Townsend said...

He is super cute. I love his eyes. Thanks for posting pictures. Maybe we can video chat this week so we can see him in action!