CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mr. Fix-It

When we moved into our house we loved the idea that we had a tub with jets. The catch is that they have never worked the whole time we have lived here. We have thought about fixing them but never gotten around to it. We don't take baths very often, just the boys, and they are scared of them anyway so whats the point in rushing to fix them?

The other day I was trying to figure out the problem with them on my own, nothing serious, mostly because I don't know what to look for. Anyway, I decided that we should probably call one of Chris's brothers to come take a look at it but it could wait.

So tonight, Dallin was taking a bath. He has a little baby hair brush and he was using it as a hammer in the tub and whacking the sides. I am not quite sure why Chris was letting him do this, since we sometimes have problems with Dallin hitting a lot. Anyway, I was putting Tristan down for the night so I wasn't in there. I was rocking Tristan, giving him his bottle right before bed, listening to Dallin whack the tub with his baby hair brush and then all of a sudden a huge noise started in the bathroom! It scared the bejeebers out of me and Tristan but it sure scared Dallin more. Some how, through his whacking the tub, he got the button for the jets to finally turn on! So he had been happily standing there, whacking the tub and all of a sudden the water becomes a whirling mass of fury and he started to scream. My immediate reaction was that a garbage disposal had somehow been hooked up to the tub and got turned on and was going to chop Dallin up... Can we just say I have an over-active imagination?

I felt bad that Dallin got scared so bad, it took Chris like 10 minutes to calm him down, but I am glad that Dallin could get the jets in our tub working! Now to clean them out all the way and then take a nice long relaxing bath with the jets on.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

That's actually a pretty funny story, but sad that it scared Dallin. enjoy your bath!

Cheris said...

Haha that'll sure teach Dallin to hit stuff!!!

I'm a little jealous!! Of the jetted tub. Not the hitting fix ;-)