CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Week 11 and a half

So, I finally went and had my first midwife appointment! It was wonderful. I loved Kay when I had Tristan and I totally lucked out that she was the one to deliver me and now I am excited to be able to have her on board with me this pregnancy again! I was waiting until close to 12 weeks before I went in because sometimes you get a talking-to if you don't go in until after that and I would just rather avoid any talkings-to. It has been almost a whole year since I last went to the office, I went in for my six-week check-up after I had Tristan and haven't been back but I knew we would be there sometime this year!

Anyway, I am looking forward to finally moving out of the first trimester soon and have an increase in energy again. I have been DYING! It is so hard to have the energy to stay conscious enough to be aware of what the boys are doing. It isn't just sitting down and not moving, it is that I am always mentally exhausted! Thankfully though in a few weeks I shouldn't be dealing with that as much... hopefully... Then there is the whole issue with diabetes that since it runs in my family and I had a big baby (Tristan was 9lb 3oz) that I have to do the glucose test right away, rather than at week 32 or whenever they have you do it.

Also, I got to hear the baby's heart beat. It took Kay a good 8 minutes or so to find the heart beat since the baby is only the size of a lime right now, but she did it. It was so neat. I don't know why but I felt like it was a bigger event to hear this baby's heart beat than it was to hear Dallin or Tristan's. I don't know why that is. Kay said that the heart beat is fast and maybe that means it is a girl, not that that is an actual scientifically proven observation or anything, but she thinks I need a girl. I think I do too. I would love to have two little girls after having two little boys. We will see what the Lord blesses us with though!

No comments: