CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 19, 2011

What to eat...

So with the first trimester of this pregnancy I don't really like food, but that isn't much of a surprise though. But it does make it hard to find things that ever sound appealing. I have decided smoothies are the way to go but I am avoiding dairy because when I am pregnant it does horrible things to me. I had a brilliant idea the other day though. I don't know how many of you have been to Jamba Juice, but they make my favorite smoothie of all time. It is no longer on the menu but you can still ask for it. You ready for it?

Berry Lime Sublime

It is full of raspberry goodness and sweetness and tartness and wonderfulness. Unfortunately I live in Maryland where the only Jamba Juice I know if is at the airport... behind security. So, I could buy a $59 dollar plane ticket to where ever Southwest flies so that I can get behind security to buy myself a real Jamba, but since it isn't a "real" one, they won't make it. I asked last time I was at the airport. Because of that I had my brilliant idea. I decided to look up the recipe online! Supposedly someone who worked at Jamba Juice posted the recipe. I haven't made it but I am really excited to try it! But because I think it is the most amazing drink ever, I decided I would share it with you!

16 oz (sixteen)
8 oz Raspberry juice
2 small scoops of lime sherbet
2 small scoops of strawberries
1 small scoop of raspberries
1 scoop of ice

24 oz (original)
12 oz Raspberry juice
2 big scoops of lime sherbet
2 big scoop of strawberry
1 big scoop of raspberry
1 scoop ice

32 oz. (power)
14 oz. Raspberry juice
3 big scoops of lime sherbet
3 big scoops of strawberries
1 big scoop of raspberries
1 scoop of ice

The biggest problem is that I am not sure where to get raspberry juice at. It doesn't seem like something that would be in the juice aisle. I did some reading from another website and they say use frozen juice concentrate and use half the recommended water and that way you will get the right consistency for your smoothie. So, I am hoping I can find some frozen raspberry concentrate this week so I can make myself a much needed Berry Lime Sublime.

1 comment:

Becca said...

mmm! i totally know what you mean in that food just doesn't sound good to you. i thought that after my first trimester it'd get better but it's just now started to get better (beginning of my third trimester) - i can actually now come up with ideas of what to cook for dinner!