CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween!

Chris really enjoys going all out and getting into the holiday spirit, whatever the holiday. Give him a budget and he will blow it every time because he just gets so excited! And the same for Halloween. Last year as we were driving home from Trunk-or-Treat, we thought it would be a lot of fun to be Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach (me) and Bowser. So that is what we did!

Now, my husband left it all up to me, which is totally okay. I am definitely the more creative out of the two. But he said he wanted me to do it cheaply. So that was my goal. I went to Good Will the first week in October and bought this:
This pile had 2 pink table cloths, 6 t-shirts and 2 belts. Also some quilting batting. I turned it all into this:

A Mario costume, a Luigi Costume, a Princess Peach skirt and shirt (I figured my baby belly would make it harder to make a dress) and a stuffed chest for Bowser. We also added a soymilk box and a diaper box for his shell. 

We wound up only going to Trunk-or-Treat, which happened to be in the building due to snow that day. The boys enjoyed it. They both loved the apples (especially Tristan) and lolly pops. 

Dallin kept trying to unwrap candy and I kept trying to have him wait until we got home... It didn't work... 

Mario kept finding lollypops and would just stick it in his mouth with the wrapper. When he realized that it wasn't as satisfying that way, he usually stuck it back in the bowl and got a new one... What a cutie!

Anyway, we had a lot of fun and we looked awesome. The Sister missionaries even got pictures of us to send home to their families in their weekly emails. And it only took me about 10 days of evening sewing and occasionally nap time sewing to make it all. 

I wonder what we will be next year...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Sarah you dress looks amazing. I want a close up of just you in your dress. Look at how talented you are. I am amazed that you find time to sew. What a fun family activity. I was sick and stayed in bed on Halloween. Which is kind of nice to go to bed so early and have the house to my self!

Alexandria Rammell said...

love it! amazing u made it all!