CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 28, 2013

The joys of East Coast living.

So we had our house sprayed for termites and black carpenter ants. We never saw the termites but the ants... They were everywhere! It was disgusting! We had to keep our kitchen immaculate because I would come out in the morning and turn on the light and the ants would scatter. It felt like hundreds of them. Well, we got the house sprayed and on day 8 after I was starting to feel hopeless, like they would never leave. So I bought some borax and mixed up a sugar/borax drink for them and left it on the counter that night. This is what I came up with the next morning. Eww.

They are coming tomorrow to spray again because after a huge infestation it takes a while to get the numbers really down. We didn't see any for a long time but after about a month they slowly started coming back and now I have about 20 dead ants floating in the jar. It took about 3 days to happen. I can't wait for 10 days from tomorrow!

No comments: