CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

4 months already

I can't believe it has been 4 months! It seems like just last week Dallin was brought into our lives and made us so happy! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful baby. We went to the doctors today for his 4 month check up and here are all of his stats since he was born!

Month 1 Weight - 8 pounds 8 ounces (18 %)
Month 2 Weight - 9 pounds 12.5 ounces (12 %)
Month 4 Weight - 10 pounds 15 ounces (1%)

Month 1 Head Size - 37 cm (25 %)
Month 2 Head Size - 38 cm (12 %)
Month 4 Head Size - 40 cm (7 %)

Month 1 Height - 21.5 inches (49 %)
Month 2 Height - 23.25 inches (64 %)
Month 4 Height - 24 inches (19 %)

As you can see, Dallin has not gained much weight in the last two months and so the doctor is a little concerned about him. He even told me that we should start Dallin on SOLID FOOD! How exciting! My baby boy is growing up! I will admit that I have been a little worried about him because he is still so skinny and didn't seem to be getting any heavier so I was glad that the doctor told us to feed him food! So today we did that and you can see our feeding experience! I uploaded a short video of his last spoonful and he did remarkably well while eating. We are hoping that he will start to gain weight quickly. I don't want him all pudgy but I do know he needs at least a little fat on him. I always felt like there wasn't enough milk for him when he ate and I guess I was right! But he never seemed fussy or hungry so I didn't know what to think!




One day when Chris came home there was a bunny sitting right outside of our door and so we were able to take Dallin out and stare at the bunny for a while! We do enjoy the local wild life here in Colorado Springs!



This is from yesterday when I was eating a graham cracker and Dallin was watching me and making smacking motions with his mouth so I decided to let him suck on part of my graham cracker and he LOVED it!



One of Dallins favorite toys is a mirror we bought him and he will grab it if we hold it in front of him and he will chew and suck on it. It is so cute to watch him with it!


Dallin likes to stare into the mirror and look for me in the reflection. He does it when we are in the bathroom too. He doesn't really care about looking at himself but he loves to look at me or Chris when he can see us in the mirror.


This is Dallin in the swing at the park. I pad it and put the blanket in the chains to prop him up and keep the sun off of him. He seems to enjoy sitting in the swing so anytime we are at a park I try to make sure I have the blankets so he can sit in the swing!

Chris and I have felt so blessed to have Dallin as a part of our lives and have enjoyed almost every minute of having our little miracle with us!


4 comments:

The Alaska DeKays said...

Happy Birthday Dallin! I hope the food helps him to gain some weight. Did the doctor suggest supplementing with formula? That is what I ended up doing around 4 months. We loved the video.

Becca said...

he is sooo adorable! as for dallin's favorite toy, why do people spend ridiculous amounts of money on toys when kids prefer toilet paper rolls, mirrors, measuring cups, pots and pans and other stuff that you find around the house? just a thought... :)

Blueblazis said...

Awww, he's so cute!You guys are soaking it all up! I can't believe that bunny is STILL running around the neighborhood! And there are foxes around too (keep your eyes out for them, we've seen them in the little field by that church, and down at the bottom of Shenandoah!)

Unknown said...

Sarah, you really seem to be enjoying the experience - I am so happy for you and Chris. You have exactly the right attitude and you're living life the way it's supposed to be lived !