CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 7, 2009

Colorado Balloon Classic!!!

This morning we woke up early! At 6:15 to be exact. That is early for me and Dallin. Chris gets up early all the time to work on his project but Dallin and I sleep in until 8 or later, depending on how long Dallin sleeps in until. So we woke up! Anyway, we quickly ate something and then got into the car to go see.... BALLOONS! Chris's work hosts the website for this balloon classic and so they gave Infront VIP/Sponsor parking passes. Parking was crazy there but we got to park inside of the park so we didn't have to walk very far so Chris was more easy going about going more than once!



Here Dallin is all dressed up. Our room was freezing this morning so we bundled him up so he wouldn't get cold while we were out seeing balloons early in the morning!



We wanted to watch them set up a balloon so we chose a spot that we could see lots of balloons and also stand next to one as it was being set up! This is them unloading the basket from the trailer. It was funny, their trailer had a sticker on it that said "Caution Balloon Chase Vehicle". I thought it was funny.



This is the balloons inflating! It was so fun to watch all of the balloons blow up.



Here they are with a little more air in them!



And even more air in the balloons! They are staring to get full enough to float up!



This is me and Dallin standing in front of the Mayflower Balloon. We got to watch this one inflate from the beginning and take off!



As you can tell, we were right in the middle of a BUNCH of balloons. Chris is filming some behind me and I got a picture of him with a lot of balloons behind him!



A lady walked by and offered to take our picture as a family so we gladly accepted her offer because we don't get many pictures of the three of us!



After the first wave of balloons left we walked to the other side of the launch field to put the sun behind our backs and I took another family picture of us!



Here is another round of balloons inflating!



I like the colors of the balloons in this picture. It was so neat to watch them all inflate. The Balloon Glo was really neat but it was even neater to watch them blow up at night!



Here is my love and my baby! I think for taking pictures on our video camera that they turned out really well. It doesn't say much about our picture camera if it doesn't take all that high quality pictures! It is about 4 years old though...



Whenever a balloon was about to take off they would have people who would walk with them and tell people to move out of the way. Since they are at the mercy of the wind they can't just lift up straight off the ground, they kinda float for a while before they get enough lift off!



Here is that Mayflower Balloon from earlier and they had a flag on their basket and I thought it was neat so I took a picture. You could dry your laundry easy that way!



I really like this picture with the sun shining between the two of them. Ahhh what an awesome start to a great day!



I thought this was a neat picture too.



And then because we live in Colorado I thought I should post this balloon.



And the final picture is one that I really like. The sky is dotted with balloons all over! It was so neat to be able to experience this and I hope that I can always find amazing things like this to do where ever we live!

3 comments:

Becca said...

hazzah! it is i! :) i love your balloon pictures - i wish i could've seen it. i always wondered what flying in a hot air balloon would be like - i wonder if i'd panic because you can't completely control it. hmmm, looks like i need a hot air balloon to find out! and i do really like the tall picture with the one balloon in the top right corner. it's great! and by-the-way, dallin is soooo cute! love you!

The Alaska DeKays said...

These pictures are so neat! I wish we could have been there. It looked like a beautiful day for your family.

Blueblazis said...

Oh how I miss that event! Thanks so much for posting the pics! So glad you guys got to experience that...it's one of the best things in CO Springs every year!