CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 7, 2009

Balloon Glo!!!

Saturday night they had an event called the Balloon Glo. I really wanted to go because I thought it sounded like fun to watch the balloons at night. We showed up around 5:30 in the evening because at 5 to 6 there was supposed to be a remote control air balloon show but we never found it so I guess they canceled it for that evening. So instead we walked around Prospect Lake while we were waiting. Once finished with our walk we went and claimed a spot on the side of a small hill so that we would have a good view.



This is me and Dallin, hanging out, waiting for the festivities to start! We had to wait for everyone to set up their balloons and then they adjusted the flame for maximum illumination!



This is the United van lines and it was in front of us and it was the first balloon blown up all the way! We kept waiting for it to lift off but I guess that they don't ever actually take off at night time, which is probably safest. So we got to sit there and watch all the balloons inflate and glo!



I kept trying to get a good picture of the actual flame of the balloon but it was really hard! They didn't always keep the flame on so I had to hurry if I wanted to get a good picture!



Here is another balloon that was blown up and illuminated!



This is my favorite picture. Because of all the open flames you could see a lot of color as well as all of the balloons being lighted up. It was so much fun! We were going to go again on Sunday night so that we could film more of it because the video camera battery died right after it got dark. So we didn't get any good shots of the actual lighting up but it was still a lot of fun.



I have never uploaded a video before so I am hoping that this one works! The announcer on the stage would start to count down and everyone would join in and the balloon people would all light up their balloons. It was really neat! This was on my picture camera but it doesn't really do it justice. It was still a lot of fun and I will always remember it!

1 comment:

Blueblazis said...

Awww...Sarah, I'm missing you guys and Colorado! That's so awesome that you guys went to the Balloon Glo! I thought about it all Labor Day weekend! It's such a fun event! So happy you got to experience it!