CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Its smurftastic!

It is Halloween! I have never really put much effort into having a halloween but this year, for Dallin's first, we decided to make it fun! It is always nice to have lots of pictures. So we bought pumpkins and we made costumes. We wanted something that would involve all three of us so we did our smurfiest and came up with the brilliant idea of being smurfs! We went shopping and bought some fabric and then I made the costumes. I am sure we won't wear them again any time soon, but it was really fun to have a real costume!

First though, we have some pictures to put up!


Dallin will get really tired some nights before it is time for him to finally go to bed and so he zonks out while I am feeding him or holding him and then I sit there and snuggle him. I love it and I always think of the little miracle he is when I hold him close.




This is the baby blanket that I made Dallin before he was born. I finished it a few days before he was born but I have never taken a picture of it. Right now it is a little big for his crib so it is actually folded up and acts as his pillow. I finally remembered to take a picture of it when I brought it downstairs to wash because Dallin threw up sweet potatoes on it while he was sleeping.



This is my sister in laws new diaper bag! I made it for her baby shower present. I am hoping that they don't look at this post before 2 tomorrow because that is when her shower is! Its just like mine except it has two extra pockets and has orange and purple instead of my blue and green. I also put some pellon stuff in the sides and so it will stand up on its own better. Mine always falls down and so I can't find what I am looking for so now I have taken mine apart and am going to add that stuff to the sides of mind to make it stiffer.


This was a momentous occasion for us. Dallin has never ever ever ever had a blow out down his legs before. Yes, sometimes he gets some poop out side of the diaper but the diaper cover catches it, but I was sitting there, holding Dallin and then I picked him up and as I did, my hand was all wet and I was like ewwwww icky! We still think it is funny.


And now for our smurfiful costumes! This is Dallins. He was baby smurf and so he had his white sleeper with a hat and a pacifier and a rattle. He was very good and he even got some candy while we were trick or treating around the church tonight.


At church we had the trick or treating around the building and there was also a chili cook off. I signed up about a month and a half ago to bring enough for 8 people and I didn't actually know that it was going to be a contest so I just made my usual chili and so we hung around and after everything was over and wanted to see if Chris's favorite chili won (it wasn't the stuff I made) and then they called me up! I had no idea! So, I won a piece of paper that lets every one know that I make rad red chili.



This is my costume! I was Smurfette (though some say I am the evil smurfette because I have dark hair). I thought it turned out okay. I did mine last so by that time I was getting tired and frustrated and running short on time so I tried to do mine as fast as possible.


This is Papa Smurf and Baby Smurf again. I like this picture because you can see their little tails. I don't know exactly what a smurf is, but they have tails!


These are our wonderful pumpkins. It goes Dallins, mine, Chris's from left to right. Chris does that one every year. He told me he was going to branch out this year but in the end he chickened out and did the same one. I tried to make a pumpkin who wasn't paying attention and then we modeled Dallins pumpkin after him. Can you see the little tooth on the bottom lip? That's because Dallin has a tooth! His first tooth! We first noticed it yesterday and decided to put it in the pumpkin.



And here is our family picture. We had to do the self timer and unfortunately we couldn't get Dallin to keep looking at the camera. We don't get many family pictures and so with such a great event as Halloween, we had to get a picture with the tree of us! It was a good night and we had lots of fun at the church activity and with our little family!

2 comments:

Dana said...

You did a really good job on the costumes! Chris is a good sport for dressing up, most husbands don't like to.

Grandma Joy says you need to post this stuff on the family website, email me if you need help getting on it.

Dana
wrightfamily@aznex.net

Becca said...

you guys are sooo cute!! great job on the costumes! :)