CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Maryland Part 1

In June Dallin, Chris and I went up to Alaska so that my family could meet Dallin and so that we could have a DeKay family reunion and it was so nice to be able to do that. Once we got back to Colorado Springs Peggy asked if Dallin and I would come out and visit her family. We waited a while so that Dallin could readjust but then off to Maryland we went! It was somewhat of a last minute trip but I am really glad we could take it.



We left on August 5th, the day after my birthday. Chris was so wonderful to me on my birthday. He brought me breakfast in bed, we had lunch together, he watched Dallin when he got home but most of all, he encouraged me to work on my birthday present to myself! I have been wanting a nice diaper bag for some time and I wanted one big enough that I could put my stuff in it as well and so when I was buying fleece a while ago I found this cute pattern for a bag that works so well as a diaper bag! The day before my birthday Dallin and I bought the fabric that I wanted for the bag and then all day on my birthday I sewed the bag. You can't really see it but the fabric on the inside is my favorite. I really like it. Unfortunately while I was at Peggys I washed the bag to get rid of Kaida-fur (Jan's dog) and there is a canvas layer and I didn't think the canvas would shrink so much so now it is kinda scrunched on that inside layer but it still works great. I spent like 8 hours on it, trying to get the stitches right but the hardest thing was the applique on the front of the bag but I love it! I think I am even going to make myself another one in a while... just for fun! And add more pockets...



Anyway, we got to Maryland and Katie, Natalie and Anthony, Rogers wife and kids, picked us up at the airport and then we went to their house. Tom came over for dinner and Dallin was really tired and fussy so he doesn't look too happy in this picture but that is Tom and Dallin!



A couple of times we went to the park with Katie and the kids. They live just down the road from the elementary school and so we go play on the playground. Katie was holding Dallin and I guess at some point his face was in the sun because he got his first sun burn! I was going to start applying sun screen but Peggy looked it up that before 6 months you aren't supposed to put sun screen on babies because it is absorbed and becomes toxic in the blood. So he just had to tough out the sun!



The night we got to Maryland Peggy went with us to the playground and she was holding Dallin and swinging on the swing and it put him out! He was so tired and had cried quite a bit while at Katie's house because he hadn't had a good nap all day but Grandma definitely had the soothing touch for Dallin and he passed out and stayed that way until we left to go to Peggy's house where Dallin and I slept.



One day Katie and her kids and me and Dallin went duck pin bowling. I had never even heard of it but it wasn't too bad. I wasn't all that great and even with bumpers, I still managed to get gutter balls... I am amazing! I had pictures of both Natalie and Anthony but unfortunately EVERY picture I had of Natalie turned out blurry so I will have to get some from Katie some day. We had a cute one of Dallin with the ball in his car seat with him but that is on Katie's camera. Anthony was funny while bowling because he would throw the ball and then stay in the exact same position until it hit the pins. And he threw some slooooow balls so he would stand still for quite some time.



This is Jess, Russ and Carter. Jess is currently expecting and is due December 21. Hopefully "Scooter" will be born by the time we get there for Christmas. Scooter is what Carter calls the baby while it is in Jess' belly since they aren't finding out if it is a boy or girl.



I wanted to see everyone while we were in Maryland and so we had dinner at Toms one night and Grandma and Grandad Davenport were there.



Grandma loved to hold Dallin. Thankfully he was in a pretty good mood that night so she didn't mind holding him. I don't know why but when he starts to cry no one seems to want to hold him. Not even me! haha. By this point I was starting to get tired because Chris wasn't there and so I had to deal with Dallin all the time unless Peggy was around but I still felt bad asking her to take my fussy child...



Another night Peggy took me out. Everyone seems to really like this restaurant called the Bonefish Grill and it is pretty good. I believe it is in cahoots with Outback Steak house but I definitely like the Bonefish side. They have this stuff called Bang-bang shrimp that is really good. Since Peggy can't eat gluten I got it all to myself! Dallin was so tired that we never even had to unbuckle him from his seat, he just fell asleep with the low lights and the hum of conversation. What a cute boy.



While we were there Peggy wanted to get her nails done and I wanted to get a pedicure. I have never gotten one and it was wonderful! I enjoy having Chris rub my feet but man... a pedicure is so much better! Too bad you have to pay for them but Chris is free! While my feet were getting done Peggy took Dallin, who had just woken up and eaten and was "beating" his bum. His eyes look big in this picture like what the heck is this lady doing to me Mommy!?

1 comment:

The Alaska DeKays said...

It sounds like you had a great time in Maryland. That bag is way cute!