CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sew crazy!

I have the most wonderful husband in all the world. He is so great to our son and he indulges me in so many things! I will post a picture tomorrow of us on our wedding day since tomorrow is our two year anniversary but today I just wanted to do a post because I am so proud of my baby and me!



When Dallin and I came back from Maryland I was able to put him in his little bouncy chair or prop him up on the couch and so I had that octopus and he started grabbing it! it made me so excited to see how he was grabbing things so well! He still hasn't grasped the concept that his fists always have to be open before grabbing but he is getting better. He is also almost about to roll onto his tummy from his back. I think he gets close and realizes what he is about to do and stops because he doesn't like tummy time. And another great big news, Dallin slept for 10 WHOLE HOURS last night! It was amazing! He didn't wake up once. He jsut slept the night through and he would have kept sleeping but I had to wake him up to get ready for church. He wasn't very happy. But that is a status update on my amazing 3 month old boy!



Chris took this picture today. I was sewing in Dallins room and Chris put him to sleep on our bed and when he laid Dallin down, Dallin kept his head staring straight up at the ceiling. It looked really funny and uncomfortable.



I wanted to post pictures of me and Chris with Dallin and so this is my cute picture with him. I am immodestly dressed because I had been in the sun the day before and burned my back really badly and so I couldn't wear any shirts that covered my back and shoulders. I will never learn...



This is my amazing husband who I love so much who puts Dallin to sleep every night. Chris walks around our downstairs for about half an hour every night putting Dallin to sleep. He couild fall asleep in his crib but Chris likes to walk Dallin around and watch him as he falls asleep and then when it is an hour and a half after his last feeding I take him upstairs and top him off and stick him in his crib for the night. It seems to work since Dallin sleeps so well at night!



And now for the part that I am proud of! This is Dallins second diaper cover that I have sewn. I didn't get a good picture of the first one and it was all ivory anyway so I did this one and got a good picture of it. It didn't turn out as well as the first one since I did the gussets differently. I am experimenting to see what works best on the gussets but it looks a lot better because it has two colors. I like that. It didn't even take me too long to make!



This is the cover on Dallin so you can see how big it is on him. It is still on the smallest snap size on the small diaper. He is such a skinny boy... I am sure lots of babies are chubby and so they move up in the snap size but not my baby!



I went to JoAnns yesterday and they were having a big sale this weekend and so I bought some stuff. I got the fabric on the left because I thought it was really cute and I thought it would make a really cute dress for a little girl and I am also going to learn how to applique and so I thought some of the squares would look cute on Dallins onesies that are plain. We shall see how it looks. And then the fabric on the right is for...



New pillow covers for our couch! I hate the way our living room looks because it is really boring and uninteresting. Also, I don't like the way our couch looks. Chris said the color was better when it was new but due to the use it has gotten the color has turned poopy looking. I saw the striped fabric and thought it would go well with our couch so I just had to buy it and I really like how the pillow turned out. I took the plastic tubing stuff out from one of the pillow cover and the zipper and used them to make the new pillow cover and I love it! I think it adds a lot to our couch and helps it look not so ugly!

I have really started to enjoy sewing and I have been looking online at all the neat things I could make and so I am slowly working my way through a very large list of things I want to do. The pillow covers were an easy project so I started there but I have other things I want to make like an advent calendar, seat covers and so much more! So, if you are interested in what I make, stay tuned for all the neat things I will be making (in addition to my diaper covers)!

1 comment:

Becca said...

i have to admit that i never thought that you'd get so into sewing - good job! i'm sure mom is very "proud"! hehe!