CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Maryland Part 2

I split up the blog post so people wouldn't get lost in how much I am putting on! I had a good time in Maryland and don't want to leave anything out!



This is Carter, as I had said before. He was so cute because anytime he was around he would ask "can I hold him!?!" and he was always so excited. We almost didn't even get to say goodbye to him because we were stuck in traffic on the way back from the lake but we made it just in time because I didn't want Carter to leave for his Moms without me and Dallin saying goodbye.



This is a nasty, creepy bug that lives in Peggys basement. Chris coined the term spricket and he thought he was such a genius for naming them that because they look like a spider but jump like a cricket. I looked spricket up online and it is actually a camel cricket that likes basements. Isn't it creepy? Peggy killed the huge buggar one night and left it on the stairs so I could see it. I got really creeped out by it and hated to go down into the basement from that point on, especially when the spricket was on the stairs. Thankfully I cleaned it up so I wouldn't have to look at it anymore. Ick!



Grandma and Grandad White are busy people during the summer with all the grand kids who like to come visit and so we couldn't go down for very long but we got to drive down for a few hours with them. Whenever we are there we always play lots of games and that day we played Tripoly. Peggy kept calling it Michigan Rummy and I had no idea what that was but I knew what Tripoly was! This is Dallin playing with Granny Peg. He did really well even though I kept asking him to tell me her cards. He was a happy boy that day because he had slept most of the drive and even took a good nap there!



This is Grandma and Grandad. Grandad isn't big on holding babies so Peggy always tries to get him to hold her grand kids. I just wanted a picture of Dallin with them so that Chris could see what we had done on our trip!



This is Jess. She is the one due in December and she is always practicing on being a mommy with other peoples babies so this is her at Red Robins holding Dallin.



This is Jan and Alex. Jan did an internship in Virginia and Alex flew out to drive home with her and they stopped by to have dinner before they drove back to Indiana. It was nice to see them and spend some time with them.



While at Red Robin Peggy wanted to see if Dallin would eat fries so she stuck them in his little fists and he started to suck on his fists like crazy. We concluded that he is like his daddy and likes salt. Trying to get all the little bits of fry out of his hand proved to be somewhat difficult.



And because I like humor, I got Dallin to hold my hamburger after "he" had taken a bite out of it. I think this is one of my favorite pictures.



One evening we went out to Tom Hartsocks farm and had dinner with him. I like farm animals and so I had to take pictures of Dallin with all the animalsI wanted Dallin to get a horse ride. I know he can't ride one by himself but I held him on it. He wasn't too happy because he was hungry but it made for a good time at the farm!



These are the goats. There were like 30 or more goats there. I can still remember the days when Dallin would cry like a goat... so cute! There were also burros but we didn't get a good picture with them due to the electrified fence.

So that was our trip to Maryland. We had a great time and I really enjoyed it because I haven't really spent much time in Maryland with that side of the family and so it was nice to finally get to know Chris' brother and sister and families better. It made me less apprehensive about moving out to Maryland as well, when we finally get to that point. I definitely feel more like they are family now that I know them all a lot better!

2 comments:

Becca said...

he is growing up sooo fast! what an adorable baby boy! so when are you coming north? :)

The Alaska DeKays said...

We had those fun little camel crickets in our basement in Kentucky. Scary little buggers!