CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Halibut Cove Cont.

These are just some pictures that happened during the week while we were camping in Homer.

As with every camping trip, you always need fire! Robert and Bethany had dinner on Wednesday (I think) and they made dutch oven chicken and rice along with dutch oven peach cobbler. It was a very good dinner but to use the dutch ovens they needed lots of coals and so Robert built a nice hot fire with a huge log that was unmoveable. It even still had live coals the next morning when we all woke up. Speaking of fire, I swear my hair still smells like it!

Its kind of hard to see but my dad and Keith used their combined engineering powers (and input from Curtis) to build this stand for the big rock. There are three pillars of small flat rocks that they put the really big rock on. Keith got to stand on it and pose on it and when he got off, Becca wanted to stand on it and she upset the delicate balance of the rock and it all came tumbling down!

While camping in the great out doors I usually like to stay in a netted area and so I actually spend a lot of time in this net tent because the bugs were bad. My mom says that the reason you take a hat camping with you is so that no one will see how bad your hair looks but the reason I would take one is because it keeps the bugs off of your head... unfortunately I forgot a hat so I liked to sit in the net tent so I wouldn't have millions of bug bites. I did do my fair share of bug killing though! There are probably a couple hundred less bugs in the world now because of me!

This is a very cute close up of Dallin. I bought his cute sweater at Salvation Army right before we left. I chose it because it has a hood and most importantly, that hood has cute little ears on it that make Dallin look adorable! He was always pretty bundled up because it was pretty cold. The only time he seemed hot was in the mornings when we woke up. He slept with me and he would get so sweaty and hot in that sleeping bag with me! No ventilation down where my arms are I guess.


There were like 20 pictures of Rachel posing for Chris. I think that girl has aspirations to become a poser some day! She is adorable just like all my other nieces.

No comments: