CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I Love You

Chris and I like to think we are good parents. I am sure we do well in some areas and not so well in others. But one area that I like to think we do very good in is telling our kids that we love them. They might not always feel like we love them but they will hear it an awful lot by the time they move out so they will know it by then!

Dallin has recently started telling me all the time that he loves me. And he hugs me and kisses me. Because I tell him that it makes me happy and that I really like it. Dallin has anger issues sometimes and can't contain his anger in his little body and it comes out in the form of hitting or screaming or throwing or knocking things over. I have been trying very hard when he is like that to try to talk him out of it rather than be upset right back at him which is unfortunately my first instinct. But we are learning creatures and able to change those habits I am happy to say. So now when he starts flipping out I grab his hands and try to talk to him and ask him what he is feeling and tell him that I love him. Because I do love him.

So now when he sees that I am upset or angry or crying, he will grab my hands and look in my eyes and tell me that he loves me. Today in the van I told them that I was frustrated with them and that they weren't obeying me at the library. So Dallin immediately piped up "I love you". And it is amazing how quickly those words from a 3 year old can calm me down.

Tristan has also noticed that Dallin says I Love You a lot and so he has started saying it to me in the last day or two. Though I think he just says it to get what he wants... "Mommy, I want a drink... ... ... I love you!" Either way, I am glad that my boys are hearing it lots and I hope they understand how much I really do love them.

No comments: