CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Painting

We recently hired someone to finish taping and mudding our basement. Our goal is to be done by the Super Bowl so that we can have the family party at our house and in an effort to do that, I have been painting like crazy this week working down there! It was Chris's job to get us to this point and now it is pretty much my job to finish it! Peggy came over on Wednesday and watched the boys so I could start painting. I got over half of the walls painted that day but there was still lots left to do! My friend Tami came over Thursday and we sanded and swept up all the dust and then today I started painting again. I did all the corners today which took forever and then I painted the ceiling and that took FOREVER! I don't have the arm strength to hold the roller up very well and so I had to stand there and look straight up at the ceiling and use the roller behind my head. It was slow and somewhat painful since I had to look up at the ceiling the whole time. So now my back and my feet and my neck are a little sore. It was also weird because as I was doing it after a while my back-most molars were the only teeth touching when I would bite down. It was weird. But I am good now. I ran out of paint so I couldn't finish tonight, plus I am way tired, but I only have 2 ceiling areas left to paint and then I am all done! Yipee! My visiting teacher, Alisa, is helping me set up a painting party so there will be a few women from church over on Thursday to help paint so we should be able to finish! I can't wait to have my basement back and a craft area and toy area and a t.v. area. It will be so nice to have to much space!


1 comment:

The Alaska DeKays said...

Can't wait to see picture of your new spaces!